December is one of my favorite times of year because that is when we did our Holiday baking. One recipe that we would make was my Great Aunt Mary’s Shortbread Cookies. These cookies seem to be the first to disappear as it was always a favorite with friends and family. It is a simple recipe with only a few ingredients that is easy to make!
- 1 lb soft butter (Creamed)
- 1 cup Berry Sugar (Extra fine)
- 4 cups Flour
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- In large bowl cream the butter and sugar together
- Add 3 cups of flour to the butter and sugar mixture with a mixer then add the remaining cup of flour to the bowl and mix it all together with your hands.
- Flour your board or surface and roll out the dough and cut into shapes with your favorite cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet to go into oven.
- Once the oven has warmed up bake your cookies for about 25 mins depending on your oven and thickness (I like mine just over ¼ thick) of cookie. (My cooking time was about 17 mins ). When done your cookies should be a very light golden brown.