How much is a new kitchen?
The cost of kitchens can range greatly – and be impacted by a large number of actions, from the style you choose to how you pay!
Budgeting for your new kitchen
There are many aspects to budgeting when it comes to a new kitchen. Factors that influence your budget include age of house, the size of the space being renovated, quality and type of labour doing the job, timeframe, and other costs (such as building permits, designer fees, and emergency funds).
Depending on the size of the space you are renovating, the costs of renovating a kitchen can vary greatly but here is a ballpark budget:
- Small (Less than 70 sq. ft): $6,500 to $27,000
- Medium (100 – 150 sq. ft): $18,000 to $52,000
- Large (200 or more sq. ft): $40,000 to $75,000 or more
Areas to budget for when doing a kitchen renovation:
- Cabinets & Hardware
- Faucets & Plumbing
- Windows & Doors
- Designer Fees
- Building Permits
- Delivery & Disposal Fees
- Emergency Fund
How much you should spend
If you do an internet search on the cost of a kitchen the price can vary from less than $7,000 to over $75,000. There are a large number of variables that can impact what the cost of a new kitchen renovation will be. Here are some ways to help make your renovations affordable:
- Break up your renovation – By breaking up the renovation you will break up the amount that needs to be paid. Only do the kitchen now and the bathroom later!
- Custom options cost more – Look for quality cabinets that are ‘Ready to Assemble’ (RTA) to help reduce your costs vs custom made cabinetry including custom colours. Not only do custom colours cost more but colour trends usually change frequently. If you plan on reselling in the near future, you may find it more cost effective to use accessories with colour to accent the space.
- Only replace what is needed – Do you need to replace all of your appliances in your renovation? Do you really need a smart fridge that tells you the weather? By replacing only what you need it could save you thousands of dollars in a kitchen renovation.
- Style or Material costs – You can help to reduce cost by choosing product made with a lower cost material (i.e., Laminate vs Stone Countertops). Different styles of products can also help to reduce the cost (Flat vs Shaker Cabinets). A word of caution though when doing this as sometimes a lower cost can get you a lower quality product so research is key!
- Look for value added options – Some companies offer extras when you purchase through them. For example, here at Sunridge Supply we offer a FREE 3D Kitchen Plan with your quote and warehouse pricing on your cabinet hardware when you order your Quality RTA Wood Cabinets through us. We also offer our customers a discount code that can be used with our partnering appliance retailer which gives them commercial pricing! This can help cover some of the costs of things like hiring a designer or lower pricing on cabinet hardware.
So, as you can see there are many parts when it comes to kitchen renovations. If you should find the process overwhelming why not reach out to us to help you start the process with a Free 3D kitchen plan and quote. Our knowledgeable staff would be happy to offer you answers, recommendations or solutions to your questions.